Medical Coding & Billing
Our Medical Coding & Billing Certificate integrates the parallel career paths of Coding and Billing & Reimbursement into a unified perspective that prepares students for real-world work experience and credentialing by the leading organizations in these fields.
In order to earn a Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing, five required courses for a minimum of 192 contract hours must be completed.
Upon completion of the certificate, you should have a complete comprehension of the connection between medical coding and billing and be prepared to:
- Enter the medical coding and/or billing field at entry level
- Pursue credentials from the American Health Information Management
- Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
Free information sessions are available for this program. Call 706.507.8070 for information.
You may register for these courses separately or as a part of a discounted certificate package. Courses must be completed in the order below.
- Medical Terminology (online or in class)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (online or in class)
- Basic Medical Coding
- Intermediate Medical Coding
- Medical Billing & Reimbursement
- Advanced Medical Coding