Camps are held at various sites on Columbus State University’s main campus. Children are not allowed to be on campus without supervision more than 15 minutes before or after their camp begins or ends. Acceptable drop-off and pick-up times are: Morning Camps: 8:45am – 12:15pm
Afternoon Camps: 12:45pm – 4:15pm
If your child will be here before 8:45 or after 4:15, you must sign your child up for available Before or After Care. We will be enforcing a sign-in/out policy to ensure the safety of campers.
• Activ8 Academy, Activ8er and BeTween2Teen camps are housed in the Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center on CSU Main Campus. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the Turner Center. Campers attending camps being held at the Recreation Center (Athletics) will be escorted by our staff from Turner Center to other locations, as needed. Before/After Care programs are available for these programs. See Before/After Care on page 1 for more information.
• Athletic camps are held at various locations according to the camp.
• Drop off and pick up is available at the Center for Commerce and Technology for some iTech camps. You will recieve more information upon registration. See camp listings for location for your camp. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the designated camp location. Before/After programs are available for these programs (with exception of golf programs). See Before/After Care on page 1 for more information.
• CSU Dance Conservatory camps and summer classes are held at the Rankin Arts Center in Uptown Columbus. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at that location.
• Coca-Cola Space Science Center camps are held at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center. No Before/ After Care is available for these camps.
• Music camps will be held at the Schwob School of Music located downtown on Broadway. No Before/ After Care is available for these camps.
• Math Collaborative camps will be held in a location that is TBD. Please call 706.507.8070 or 706.565.1476 for more info.
•Four year old students must turn five before December 1, 2017 to participate.
•Seven year old students who have completed the 2nd grade may attend the Activ8 Academy or Activ8ers.
•Ten year old students who have completed the 5th grade may attend the Activ8ers or BeTween 2 Teen camps.
Safety is our number one concern for your children. All of our employees have passed criminal background checks. At no point in our schedule will your child be left unsupervised. Our program aides go through comprehensive training and will be on campus before, between, and just after classes begin to help direct children to their camps.
All supplies are included with the cost of Activ8 camps unless specified otherwise.
When our classes fill up, we will put you on our waiting list. If there is an opening, you will be notified. Avoid missing a camp by registering early!
All participants must have a fully completed and signed waiver before they can join the camp. Please make sure that we have all waivers prior to the start of the program. If we do not have your child’s waiver, your child cannot participate. Visit Activ8er.com to download a waiver.
If your child is going to be absent or late, please call the Activ8 office at 706.507.8282 to let us know.
We welcome all children to our program and make our best effort to accommodate everyone. If your child has special needs, please let us know one week prior to your child attending camp.
When filling out your child’s waiver, please make sure to include all medical information that would be relevant and important for our staff to know. If there are special health needs, please contact our Activ8 office at 706.507.8282.
In case of bad weather (i.e. heavy rain, lightning or tornadoes,) we will keep all children indoors until the weather has passed and the staff has been authorized to go back outside. For the safety of your child, we ask that you allow inclement weather to pass before coming to find your child. Our staff will make sure all children get to their destinations once authorization has been received. Please send an umbrella or poncho with your child if the weather requires it.
LAST MINUTE REGISTRATIONS
Pre-registration is preferred for all camps. If you have not pre-registered for your child’s camp prior to the start date, you must register in person at the Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center on the CSU main campus before you drop your child off at camp.
If you choose to withdraw from a camp, you must contact us before 5pm on the Wednesday prior to
the start of the camp to get a full refund minus a $15 processing fee. If you withdraw after Wednesday, but before the camp begins, you will receive a 50% refund. No refunds are given after a camp begins. We reserve the right to cancel a camp and will notify you before the start date to issue a refund or transfer your child to another camp.
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
A 5% discount is available to anyone who registers for any summer camp by April 15, 2017.
- FULL SUMMER REGISTRATION DISCOUNT
Activ8 is offering a 5% discount to anyone who registers for the entire summer. In order to be eligible for the discount, campers must be enrolled in a morning camp, lunch, and an afternoon camp for each of the ten weeks. Camps fill early so be sure to sign up now. The Full Summer Discount may be combined with the Early Bird Discount. Please contact the Continuing Education Registration Desk at 706.507.8070 for more information on how to obtain this discount.
- BEFORE CARE/AFTER CARE COMBO DISCOUNT
There is a discount when registering for both before and after care for the entire 5-day week. The discount reduces the weekly fee to $40.00, a savings of $10.00/week. When registering, be sure to click the View Series Information link to add the discount during the checkout process. If you only pick the Add to Cart link, the discount will not apply. For questions, call 706.507.8070
* Camps may have material fees included in the class cost. Discounts are not applied to material fees.
If you are signed up for an athletic camp that only runs Monday-Thursday, here’s the solution to make your Friday FUNtastic! FUNtastic Fridays are fully supervised camps with a variety of activities to keep your camper engaged and entertained. We’ll put the FUN back in your Friday with games, puzzles, movies and much more. See more information on pg. 39.
Bring your own lunch! Activ8 offers lunch supervision for a fee of $5 per week per child. We kindly request that lunches not include energy drinks. Please notify us of any allergies, dietary concerns, or restrictions your child may have. Does not apply to Activ8 Academy.
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
- Constant staff supervision and escort to and from camps
- If you will be dropping your child off before 8:45am or picking up after 4:15pm, your child must be registered for Before or After Care.
- BEFORE CARE – 7 to 9am
- AFTER CARE – 4 to 6pm
- Before and After Care is offered for Activ8 camps meeting on CSU’s main campus, to include Athletic camps (with the exception of golf camps).
- Before and After Care is not offered for CSU Dance Conservatory, Coca-Cola Space Science Center, Music or University Arts Experience
- Your child can be dropped off or picked up anytime during these hours
- Drop off and Pick up only in designated areas at EBTC.
- Students who are not promptly picked up at the end of After Care will be charged $5 for each additional 5 minutes of lateness
- FEES: $25/week per child for Before or After Care, or enroll in both for $40/week (5-day week). $20 for Before or After Care for the weeks of May 30-June 2 and July 3-7.
- DISCOUNTS: There is a discount when registering for both before and after care for the entire 5-day week. The discount reduces the weekly fee to $40.00, a savings of $10.00/week. When registering, be sure to click the View Series Information link to add the discount during the checkout process. If you only pick the Add to Cart link, the discount will not apply. For questions, call 706.507.8070