This intensive 12-week program is designed primarily for individuals seeking the most sought-after HR certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity.
As an added advantage, we use the newly updated 2014 SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation. It features up-to-date content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the PHR or SPHR exam.
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR, ranked the #1 certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Tuition reimbursement and GPHR recertification hours.
Not all courses are available every semester. Please check back often if you do not see the course that you are looking for.
The SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you’ll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge.
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation
- Training and development
- Talent and performance management
- Compensation structure and systems
- Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
- Risk management legislation